Subject: COMMON - Greetings from "T'rano"...
From:    "Don" <dr2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Fri, October 15, 2004 2:50 pm
To:      "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I usually figured the fact that I was there mean I was born...and well,
who needs a piece of paper for that?

OK, folks, I'm here...the place is starting to come together...

It's raining and a bit on the cool side so a light jacket and small
umbrella are a good idea. I'm ina  t-shirt, shorts adn a denim overshirt
and I'm comfy, but then, I'm acclimated to machine room temps...

I had NO problem getting through customs...basically I almost didn't have
to break stride going through the place on my way to baggage claim.

I was asked: citizenship, where I lived, purpose of my trip, name of
conference, hotel I was staying at, what my ROLE in the conference was,
how long I was staying...

There are banks a plenty down here.  I just walked into the one accross
the street from my hotel and had them give me a small handful of Canadian.
IF you let the street vendors, etc., do your conversion on the fly using
the street conversion rate, you're gonna pay alot more for your hotdog.

The ride in from the airport is about the same as going from JFK to
midtown NYC...for the rest of you that's about 20-25 minutes and the cost
was $43CN...and yeah, I'm sure there's cheaper ways, I've been up since 3
and frankly was tired of traveling.

Off to find some lunch....

Don in DC...in the basement of the North Building of the Conf.Center...

Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 10:20 AM

list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx

list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx