De : midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]De la part de Philipp Rusch
Envoyé : samedi 9 octobre 2004 11:29
À : Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Objet : Re: OS 400 upgrade

Hello Al,

comment inside :

Al Barsa schrieb:

>This requires a two step upgrade.  What I would do is as follows:
>
>1.      DSPSFWRSC *PRINT to determine which LPPs you have on V4R5.
>2.      Determine what are the correct LPPs for V5R3.  IBM keeps changing
>their names and designations to insure that they never get any name
>recognition.
>3.      Double check that you have no improperly coded trigger programs.
>The best way to see which files have triggers is to do DSPFD to an output
>file, and query the output file.
>4.      De-install all LPPs on the system except for QGPL and QUSRSYS.
>This will save you time in the long run.  When I de-install lots of LPPs,
>I submit batch jobs multi-threaded to do this in parallel.
>5.      Get the latest CDs for V5R2, and install LIC, OS/400, QGPL and
>QUSRSYS.  Skip any PTF's unless required.  There is 1 PTF that you will
>need for V5R3 that comes with the V5R3 media, so put that on.
>6.      Immediately install V5R3, and all required LPPs.  Do not say
>"Install All", because it will.  Tick off the LPPs that you want.  You
>will have to hang around during the LPP installs to "Accept License
>Agreements".  This is new for V5R3, so you may want to read up on it.  You
>cannot "Accept the License Agreements" in advance (preferred method) for
>the LPPs, because they weren't there.

This is not quite true, the "required PTFs"  that  come on an extra
CD-ROM give you
a menu similar to those upgrade preparation menus when converting from
CISC-to-RISC.
You are able to accept the license agreement(s) from there in advance
and I didn't
need to babysit that upgrade to press the F14-button to accept them on a
one-by-one basis.
There was a memo to users describing that process.

HTH, Philipp