comment inside :
Al Barsa schrieb:
This is not quite true, the "required PTFs" that come on an extra CD-ROM give youThis requires a two step upgrade. What I would do is as follows:
1. DSPSFWRSC *PRINT to determine which LPPs you have on V4R5.
2. Determine what are the correct LPPs for V5R3. IBM keeps changing their names and designations to insure that they never get any name recognition.
3. Double check that you have no improperly coded trigger programs. The best way to see which files have triggers is to do DSPFD to an output file, and query the output file.
4. De-install all LPPs on the system except for QGPL and QUSRSYS. This will save you time in the long run. When I de-install lots of LPPs, I submit batch jobs multi-threaded to do this in parallel.
5. Get the latest CDs for V5R2, and install LIC, OS/400, QGPL and QUSRSYS. Skip any PTF's unless required. There is 1 PTF that you will need for V5R3 that comes with the V5R3 media, so put that on.
6. Immediately install V5R3, and all required LPPs. Do not say "Install All", because it will. Tick off the LPPs that you want. You will have to hang around during the LPP installs to "Accept License Agreements". This is new for V5R3, so you may want to read up on it. You cannot "Accept the License Agreements" in advance (preferred method) for the LPPs, because they weren't there.
7 Install PTFs and go.
It will be a long day. I just did a V4R4 to V5R2 using comparable methodology, and it took 12 hours on a 720. Based on speed of processor, it could take longer, because of "Accepting the License Agreements".
Al Barsa, Jr. Barsa Consulting Group, LLC
"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z" e gads
Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!
914-251-1234 914-251-9406 fax
"Condon, Mike" <M1C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/08/2004 10:49 AM
Please respond to
Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> cc
Subject OS 400 upgrade
Is an upgrade from OS400 v4r5 to v5r3 a one step process, or does it require
an intermediate upgrade, for example v4r5->v5r1->v5r3?
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact