RE: CPYF question

fixed

Hi Dan -

  CPYF  FROMFILE(VATTBL) TOFILE(*PRINT) +
        INCREL((*IF TXSUF *EQ  ( &A *cat &Var5 *cat &A )))

TXSUF is a 5-byte alpha.  Still getting the CPF2843 error.  The job log
shows:

 700 - CPYF FROMFILE(AMFLIB/VATTBL) TOFILE(*PRINT)
         INCREL((*IF TXSUF *EQ '''MI   '''))

CL dump shows:

Variable  Type   Length  Value         Value in Hexadecimal
                          *...+....1   * . . . + . . . . 1
&A        *CHAR     1    '''           7D
&VAR5     *CHAR     5    'MI   '       D4C9404040

Try again?

One possiblity ...

  CPYF  FROMFILE(VATTBL) TOFILE(*PRINT) +
        INCREL((*IF TXSUF *EQ  ( '' *cat &Var5 *cat '' )))

If that doesn't work, build the whole command in a string and run it with QCMDEXC.

--
Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/