Glad to hear that.  The new compression is IMPRESSIVE!

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755

"Jeff Crosby" <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/04/2004 10:59 AM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Fax to

RE: Tape backup strategy

> True, but it's rather tough to do hardware compression on a save file.

There are various areas where I do saves to a save file just prior to some
big batch update process.  I also do a SAVLIB twice a day of our main
database library to 2 different save files, then put these 2 save files
a single tape.

After you posted your message last week about the new options on the
parm, I changed all these to *HIGH.  Since Friday, my disk usage has gone
from ~70% to ~52%.  And no one has complained about performance. <g>

Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.
P.O. Box 13369
Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369