Software compression is very expensive from a CPU perspective.

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-9406 fax

             "Jones, John
             <John.Jones@xxxxx                                          To
   >                    "Midrange Systems Technical
             Sent by:                  Discussion"
             midrange-l-bounce         <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc
             10/01/2004 03:19          RE: Tape backup strategy
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems

Add DTACPR(*YES) to your SAVLIB commands to use compression on the save
file.  That should dramatically reduce the amount of disk space required
for the SAVF.

John A. Jones, CISSP
Americas Information Security Officer
Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc.