CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It makes perfect sense...
>
> Are you using a Printek provided windows driver??  If yes, then you'd need a
> Printek or IBM provided iSeries driver, which doesn't exist.

I don't think so, but I didn't set up that part since it's in a remote
location.  I can try to print to it tomorrow from my PC without a
specific driver.  This is a real workhorse printer, so an IBM driver
would be fantastic!  Then again, I print to other printers and just call
them *IBM42011 or similar and don't have problems.

> If no, then are you using LPD/LPR?  If yes, then you need to use the same on
> the iSeries which means using RMTOUTQ.

No.  I specified port 9100, raw.  I haven't tried, but I'm sure I could
use a remote outq.  The problem is that users can't end and start the
remote outq since they have no command line access.  They have "WRKWTR
xxxPRT*" for their branch.  They will be confused by the printer always
being in END status whether it is printing or not.  The lack of good
support for page range and copies makes this a bad choice for report
printers.

> With a Printek, you might try SMNP or IPP.  If you have an external Lexmark
> printer server you could even use *LEXLINK.

Tried SNMP and IPP with no luck.  No Lexmark server available.

> If the print server is Axis, I've been able to use SMNP even if the docs
> don't mention support for it.

Dunno.  It said something like Pony on the web interface.