Hmm....maybe that's the problem.

Here's the SNDPGMMSG from the vendor's code:

SNDPGMMSG  MSG(&MESSAGE) MSGTYPE(*COMP)

Pretty vanilla...

Here's my code:

      * QMHRCVPM (Receive Program Message) API parameters
     D PmMessage       S           1024
     D PmMsgLen        S             10U 0 Inz(%Len(PmMessage))
     D PmFormat        S              8    Inz('RCVM0100')
     D PmCalStkEnt     S              4    Inz('*')
     D PmCalStkEntCnt  S             10U 0 Inz(*Zero)
     D PmMsgType       S             10    Inz('*ANY')
     D PmMsgKey        S              4    Inz(*Blanks)
     D PmWaitTime      S             10U 0 Inz(*Zero)
     D PmMsgAction     S             10    Inz('*SAME')

          //   Receive the last completion message.
          QUSBN = *Blanks;
          QUSBNB = 8;
          CallP QMHRCVPM(PmMessage      :
                         PmMsgLen       :
                         PmFormat       :
                         PmCalStkEnt    :
                         PmCalStkEntCnt :
                         PmMsgType      :
                         PmMsgKey       :
                         PmWaitTime     :
                         PmMsgAction    :
                         QUSBN);

The vendor's code is CLP, which is called by the vendor's command. I
wonder if I should call the command processing program directly?