From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Goodbar, Loyd (ETS -
Water Valley)
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 2:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Archiving Spooled Files

To catch the held ones, you could periodically run a job to scan the output
queue(s) to grab files not already archived.

I've seen a situation where an writer-attached spooled file goes from OPEN
to READY to PENDING so quickly it was missed by the data queue program
(entry was not sent). Don't remember the exact conditions to make that
happen.

What we did for RVI was modify the report programs to place a copy of the
report in a specific output queue not attached to a writer. It was
periodically scanned.

The only catch I've seen is using the spooled file APIs on an output queue
with more than 33000 or so entries, it tends to bomb.

Loyd

Loyd Goodbar
Senior programmer/analyst
BorgWarner