FYI: APC UPSs and i5 (520/550/570)

We have just converted to a new 520 and were having trouble with the UPS
not being properly recognized.
The issue is that it will recognize there is a UPS signal/attachment, but
not when a power failure occurs, or battery conditions change.
IBM is apparently aware of the issue and is working toward a resolution,
but it's not available yet. It is expected in mid-October.

APC is apparently trying to do something as well, but it doesn't sound
like anything is expected right away.

Ron Adams
Information Technology Group
Crane Valves