Frank,

We have a product called RouteOne which will do this for you automatically. You can monitor one or more *OUTQs, and you can selectively or entirely select spool files from an out queue and email a spool file to any one. You can convert these spool files to PDF so that the users receiving them on their PC via email will be in a format that they are used to.

   If you need more information, see http://www.os-solutions.com

   Pete Massiello

fkany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Here is a more detailed description of what I'm trying to accomplish.

(OBJECTIVE) - Email any spool file regardless of what outq it was created
in and who created it without making PERMANENT changes to the OUTQ
attributes.

(TASKS) - I compiled the CL program with USRPRF(*OWNER).  The owner for the
CL program object is QPGMR.  I checked to make sure QPGMR has *SPLCTL and
it does.  Here's the area of the CL program where I get the errors:
CHGOUTQ     OUTQ(&SOMEOUTQ)   AUTCHK(*DTAAUT)
CPYSPLF     FILE(&SPOOLFILE)  TOFILE(QTEMP/WORKFILE)  +
           JOB(&JOBNUMB/&JOBUSER/&JOBNAME) +
           SPLNBR(&SPLFNUMB)
CHGOUTQ     OUTQ(&SOMEOUTQ)   AUTCHK(*OWNER)

(ERRORS) - When I run the program under a test user profile, "Not
authorized to use object SOMEOUTQ" error occurs when the CHGOUTQ
OUTQ(&SOMEOUTQ) AUTCHK(*DTAAUT) is executed.  When I remove the CHGOUTQ
command the CL just tries to execute the CPYSPLF command, the "Not
authorized to spooled file" error occurs.

Am I missing anything?  Please let me know if you need to know more
information.

TIA,

Frank

-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.