Hi, all:

The "^" symbol (shift-6) on most keyboards "maps" to the "logical-not"
symbol in most TN5250 emulators... :-)

And if my human memory serves me correctly (from the 1970s), that is exactly
where it was on the IBM 029 keypunch machines! :-)

This "not" symbol is also used heavily in PL/I, by the way, so CL is not
unique in this respect. :-)

And I also concur that "<>" would be a nice "alias" for "not equal," since
"less than or greater than" is mathematically equivalent to "not equal
to"...

Enjoy!

Mark S. Waterbury