We did an unload/reload following appendix D of the Backup and Recovery
Guide.  We did one modification we thought to "save" time.  Prior to the
downtime we preinstalled lic on the new system using the IBM CD's.  Just
lic - not OS or anything else.  This allowed us to initialize the disk
drives - a long running task on a 3.3TB machine.  We stopped at the start
of step 14.  In the past we used to use the SAVSYS to do the LIC install
but we upgraded to V5R3 after our last SAVSYS.

We are wondering if this "time saving" step caused us numerous problems.
This is not our first unload/reload.  However this is the first time we
remember numerous painful events regarding security not being restored.
Here's one scenario:
Used GO RESTORE - 21.  Definitely told it to restore to a different
system, which, among other things appends ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) to all commands.
RSTCFG runs.  Restores devices, automatically creates matching output
queues in QUSRSYS.
RSTLIB of QUSRSYS runs.  Get numerous errors like
CPF370B    Information             10   09/18/04  09:07:12.299504 QSRRSLIB
    QSYS        1015     QSRRLCP2    QSYS        0091
                                     Message . . . . :   QSECOFR owns OUTQ
P01A14 in QUSRSYS.
                                     Cause . . . . . :   OUTQ P01A14 in
library QUSRSYS already exists on the
                                       system and is owned by QSECOFR.
QSECOFR remains the owner although
                                       SYSGENPGMR owned the object at the
time of the save operation, because the
                                       ALWOBJDIF parameter was specified
as either *ALL or *OWNER. Recovery  . . .
                                       :   Change the object ownership
(CHGOBJOWN command), if necessary.
So great, I get to manually change the ownership of 300+ output queues.
Typed faster than I thought I could.  Users could not get to their spool
files until I was done.

So, did this preinstall of LIC from IBM media cause this error?  Some
option I did wrong?  Or was I just numb to it in the past?

I also noticed that V5R3 also added a new option on CHGOUTQ, "Display any
file" or DSPDTA.  Perhaps a changed default on that caused the issue?

I opened up a pmr with IBM and was given a working as designed kind of
answer and a suggestion to submit a DCR.  I've submitted several DCR's in
the past but this strikes me as a significant restore issue.

Oh, by the way.  Also noticed that APACHEDFT web server got resurrected
from the dead during this restore and allocated port 80 to itself.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108