James,

No easy way that I can think of.  Plus, since you want a logical keyed like
the physical, using an SQL view is out.  Going to have to code a DDS
logical.

However, my question is why are you doing this and how much use will the new
logical get?

Have you considered replacing the multiple physicals with a single physical?
You could create logicals in the separate libraries that select just the
subset of records that were in the library.  It likely you would not even
have to recompile any programs that use the file.  Though obviously, any
current logicals would need to go the new physical.

We've been using the above method to consolidate separate files for multiple
plants into a single file, with a new Plant Code field added.  Replacement
logicals allow current programs to remain unchanged, (except the maint prog.
obviously) while new programs use the new file.

HTH,
Charles