Having been through the grinder for having written a "straight" application
in RPG-IV in an RPG-III-only shop a few years ago, and still seeing managers
being nervous about embedded SQL, it is not so much a matter of being
"generally competent" as it is to be able to expect that anyone on the
programming staff can fix a bug or make a modification without having to
spend hours learning how to do it, especially when it has to be done
"yesterday".

Now, if using *PNLGRPs became a shop standard, that'd be another matter
altogether.

> Start with the basic "templates" beginning with the figures noted
> above and expand from there. Sure _sounds_ simple... but somehow
> I keep imagining a UIM version of RLU!

Really Lousy Utility!

db