From: Steve Landess [mailto:sjl_abc@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 3:33 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: Booth Martin
Subject: Re: Launch Internet browser from Green Screen

Eric -
In your example, this also works:

STRPCO
STRPCCMD PCCMD('start http:\\www.google.com') PAUSE(*NO)

It is not necessary to specify iexplore.exe.  Windows assumes that you are
using the browser when a URL is passed to the START command.  In regard to
Booth's subsequent question, I would assume that Windows would invoke the
default browser, but you know about making assumptions...

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935