midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   1. RE: SNDDST problem emailing internally (Richard)
>
>1) Our AS400 is not our mail server.
>2) Our AS400 does have a domain of xyz.com which is the same domain that all
>our mail uses.
>
>So it sounds like I should change or AS/400 domain name. Do you know what
>problems I may incur by changing our AS/400 domain using CHGTCPDMN (i.e.
>what else uses this except the smtp mail)

I have always had my AS/400s in the same domain as our e-mail servers and never
seen a related problem. Been doing this since V3R1. I do it today with our
e-mail server being an Exchange Server.

If this is causing a problem, I would suspect that other configuration items
are at fault, perhaps individual configurations for the users in the system
directory.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta