WDSC has a lot of XML stuff, and it is "free". Have not used it myself, but maybe others have, and there is also the WDSC list here.

Vern

At 10:53 AM 9/10/2004, you wrote:
db,
Just ran across a flyer for product called Alliance XML/400 from Patrick
Townsend & Associates (www.patownsend.com) that says "Translate your AS400
Data to XML and XML to AS400 data automatically" -- "easy-to-use XML to DB2
mapping -- an affordable solution that easily fits your IT budget" ....
etc.  Have no experience with it, just saw the flyer and thought I'd pass
it on.

Might be something worth looking into ... k

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:03:54 -0400
from: CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: RE: PDA device --> BigMagicBox --> AS400 native database file
             (&          v.v.)

The DB2 <--> XML tools you are looking for are optional license programs
called DB2 Extenders (5722DEx).  There is one name DB2 XML Extender and one
named DB2 Text Extender.  I usually see them mentioned together.  I think
the come as one maybe or perhaps both are usually needed.

Additionally, there is a XML Toolkit (5733-XT1) you can use to read/write
XML from ILE RPG.

Start here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzakl/rzaklmain.htm

HTh,