Hi Jack

Check that the DDM server is operational on the target system; you may need to start the server (STRTCPSVR *DDM I think) and may need to change it to auto start. As part of this you will need to state whether a password is expected when starting the server or in the server parameters.

You will need to examine the password field and verify that user profiles exist on both systems OR use ADDSVRAUTE to map the requesting user to a user that exists on the target system.

When converting a number of AS/400s (10) from using primarily SNA to IP DDM we ended up using ADDSVRAUTE entries for each user on the client machine and mapping to a generic user on the target machine. All users on machine1 were mapped to user DDMUSR02 which existed on machine 2, DDMUSR03 which existed on machine 3 etc

I seem to remember that you will also need to set up an RDB entry using WRKRDBDIRE to add the target database for the DDM request; this maps the database name you are using to the IP address associated with the database name. MY recollection is that the database names need to match across machines.

I'm at home so I can't verify the commands.and settings but this may help. Hope I haven't sent you off on a wild goose chase by totally missing the bus :)

Regards
Evan Harris

Does anyone have a sample of a DDM setup between (2) AS/400's. I think I'm
close but can't make a connection to remote system.--