From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: 08/26/04 11:45:41
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: PDM Lost its colors - Part Deux

Again, I do not think that IBM has went on a rampage to eliminate color.
What happened is that if you had a member with strange hex codes that was
not displayable on a 5250 screen, then you couldn't work with this with
WRKMBRPDM.  Granted, this shouldn't happen on a regular basis.  But there
are cases of a member having a corrupted text description occurring.  And
it was blowing up WRKMBRPDM.  The easy fix for IBM was to rip out any
codes that weren't of the most basic ones.

At this point I think you'll need to submit a DCR to correct this issue. I
suppose you could contact support line and suggest they fix that PTF to
stop removing the color attributes.  Actually, I'd try that first.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Dan Bale" <dbale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
08/25/2004 09:01 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: PDM Lost its colors - Part Deux

Well, dagnabit, we installed the TL04077 cume this past weekend.  Our
colors
are gone now.

PTF SI09069, the original "offending" PTF, was superseded by SI09530.

I still don't get what it was that IBM "corrected".  I've had colors on
member and object descriptions for years, and never experienced the
problems
IBM mentions.  The cover letter for SI09069 talks about "WRKLIBPDM *ALL
FAILS WHEN YOU PRESS ROLLDOWN KEY" and "PDM will be corrected so that
error
message CPF5192 is not issued anymore when invalid(non-displayable)
characters exist in the text description of a library, an object or a
member. The invalid characters from the text description will be replaced
with blanks."

Is it time for a DCR?  Anybody on V5R3 with the latest CUME having this
problem?  (Rob?)

db

list