From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bramley, Stu
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 9:14 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: The value of semantics (IBM document)

It's still there when I look at it...

--- snip ----

Marie, never use the term "old" to describe earlier technology. And,
uppercase is never used to highlight--change to all lowercase bold. Use
"previous" or something similar. FFT-type is a compound adjective. In
the
second sentence, "and sends only FFT...), always be careful where you
place
the word "only" in a sentence (note: only sends (connotes a negative
impression) versus sends only ). Always keep the entire verb together
(ie,
Have been gone only 5 days versus Have been only gone 5 days). In the
last
sentence, stating that this is a PERMANENT restriction is sufficient.
There
is no need to tell a customer that this is NEVER going to change.

Please do NOT forget that all this is stuff I learned over 20
years...you
are doing a GREAT job on these documents...there's just LOTS to learn.
But,
that's what makes the job fun, I think!