My apologies, but one of the tests in the current release has a bug.

IBIOCHNS has an incorrect JOIN statement.  The code is currently:

c/EXEC SQL select a.key1, b.key1, c.key1, c.data1
c+           into :akey1, :bkey1, :ckey1, :cdata1
c+           from IBPP1 as a
c+           left join IBPP2 as b on a.fk1 = b.key1
c+           left join IBPT2 as c on a.fk2 = c.key1
c+           where a.key1 = :keya

and should be

c/EXEC SQL select a.key1, b.key1, c.key1, c.data1
c+           into :akey1, :bkey1, :ckey1, :cdata1
c+           from IBPP1 as a
c+           left join IBPP2 as b on a.fk1 = b.key1
c+           left join IBPT1 as c on a.fk2 = c.key1
c+           where a.key1 = :keya

The error is in the fifth line, where an invalid file named IBPT2 is
referenced.  Upon fixing this to use IBPT1 as it should, one of the more
bizarre results (JOIN being 10 times slower than WHERE) has been
alleviated and instead the two techniques run almost exactly the same
(<0.1% difference over 300,000 iterations).  So, you can either:

1. Fix the program IBIOCHNS and recompile it
2. Ignore the results for the MULTI-FILE FETCH via JOIN test
3. Wait for the next release, which will add some tests and fix this one

Thanks!

Joe