Boy, are you a glutton for punishment!  <g>  Before you pore over this, you
should know that I removed the () and got the same results.  Also,
T03.SCAMSS was used for the TOTAL summary function, which is the only thing
I can think of.  Here goes:

 5722QU1  V5R2M0  020719         IBM Query for AS/400         DUROLAST
8/12/04   15:41:56
   Query . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SPECIALS2
     Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . DJBTEST03
   Query text  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Join CUSINVL0, CIVSPCL0,
COSSPCL0, CUSMAS
   Query CCSID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 65535
   Query language id . . . . . . . . . . . ENU
   Query country or region id  . . . . . . US
     *** . is the decimal separator character for this query ***
   Collating sequence  . . . . . . . . . . Hexadecimal
   Processing options
     Use rounding  . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes (default)
     Ignore decimal data errors  . . . . . No (default)
     Ignore substitution warnings  . . . . Yes
     Use collating for all compares  . . . Yes
 Selected files
   ID     File           Library       Member        Record Format
   T01    CUSINVL0       AMFLIB        *FIRST        CUSINVR0
   T02    CIVSPCL0       AMFLIB        *FIRST        CIVSPCR0
   T03    COSSPCL0       AMFLIB        *FIRST        COSSPCR0
   T04    CUSMAS         AMFLIB        *FIRST        CUSMASMA
 Join tests
   Type of join  . . . . . . . . . . . . . Matched records
   Field              Test              Field
   T01.INVNCV         EQ                T02.INVNVS
   T01.INSQCV         EQ                T02.INSQVS
   T02.ORDRVS         EQ                T03.ORDRSS
   T02.SHSQVS         EQ                T03.SHSQSS
   T02.SCSQVS         EQ                T03.SCSQSS
   T01.CONOCV         EQ                T04.COMNO
   T01.CUNOCV         EQ                T04.CUSNO
 Result fields
   Name        Expression                         Column Heading
Len  Dec
   GLACCT      substr( SCDSSS, 1, 6)              G/L
                                                  Acct
                                                  No.
                                 IBM Query for AS/400
8/12/04   15:41:56
 Select record tests
   AND/OR   Field             Test     Value (Field, Numbers, or
'Characters')
            CONOCV            EQ       01
    AND     ICDTCV            RANGE    1040701 1040731
    AND     SCCDSS            EQ       '2'
 Ordering of selected fields
   Field           Sort      Ascending/  Break  Field
   Name            Priority  Descending  Level  Text
   GLACCT          10        A           1
   T01.INVNCV      20        A                  INVOICE NUMBER
   T01.CUNOCV                                   CUSTOMER NUMBER
   T04.CUSNM                                    CUSTOMER NAME
   T01.IVDTCV                                   OPTIONAL INVOICE DATE
   T02.LISQVS                                   LINE ITEM SEQUENCE
   T03.SCDSSS                                   SPECIAL CHARGE DESCRIPTION
   T03.SCAMSS                                   SPECIAL CHARGE AMOUNT
 Report column formatting and summary functions
   Summary functions:  1-Total, 2-Average, 3-Minimum, 4-Maximum, 5-Count
Overrides
   Field           Summary    Column                                Dec
Null       Dec  Numeric
   Name            Functions  Spacing  Column Headings         Len  Pos  Cap
Len  Pos  Editing
   GLACCT                     0        G/L                       6
                                       Acct
                                       No.
   T01.INVNCV                 2        Inv.                      6    0
Yes
                                        No.
   T01.CUNOCV                 1        Customer                  8    0
Yes
                                        Number
   T04.CUSNM                  2        CUSTOMER NAME            25
   T01.IVDTCV                 2        OPTIONAL                  7    0
                                       INVOICE
                                       DATE
   T02.LISQVS                 1        LINE                     12    0
Yes
                                       ITEM
                                       SEQUENCE
   T03.SCDSSS                 2        SPECIAL CHARGE           30
                                       Description
   T03.SCAMSS      1          0        SPECIAL                  13    2
                                       CHARGE
                                       AMOUNT
                                 IBM Query for AS/400
8/12/04   15:41:56
 Report breaks
   Break  New   Suppress   Break
   Level  Page  Summaries  Text
   1      No    No         G/L Account: &GLACCT
 Selected output attributes
   Output type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Printer
   Form of output  . . . . . . . . . . . . Detail
   Line wrapping . . . . . . . . . . . . . No
 Printer Output
   Printer device  . . . . . . . . . . . . *PRINT
   Report size
     Length  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  66 (default)
     Width . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 132
   Report start line . . . . . . . . . . .   1
   Report end line . . . . . . . . . . . .  63
   Report line spacing . . . . . . . . . . Single space
   Print definition  . . . . . . . . . . . No
 Printer Spooled Output
   Spool the output  . . . . . . . . . . . (Defaults to value in print file,
QPQUPRFIL)
   Form type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Defaults to value in print file,
QPQUPRFIL)
   Copies  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   1
   Hold  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Defaults to value in print file,
QPQUPRFIL)
 Cover Page
   Print cover page  . . . . . . . . . . . Yes
     Cover page title
 Page headings and footings
   Print standard page heading . . . . . . Yes
     Page heading
     Page footing
            * * * * *    E N D   O F   Q U E R Y   P R I N T   * * * * *

Thanks Vern!

Dan