Nope, I have no control over the server responses.

I could add another timeout.. but how do I know how long to
do it for?  And it would cause my app to be that much
slower.

Sometimes the server will send only one response (for
certain requests I give), and other times it can give more
than one... just that it seems to have some lag, and I have
no way of knowing if I've received all of the responses.
 :(

Brad

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:21:08 -0700
 "York, Albert" <albert.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you have control over what the server is sending?
>
> If so, I would add an "end of line" code to indicate that
> you have received
> the entire response.
>
> For example:
>
> Response1aResponse1bDONE
>
> Other than that you could add a timeout on the SELECT()
> statement.
>
> It sounds like the server is not sending everything at
> once. So the time
> between responses could be dependent upon how busy the

server is.