You should be able to take the cert you received from the
bank and view who it is signed by, then make sure you have
the proper CA installed on your AS/400.

Usually double clicking on a certificate will show that.

You can also use DCM to view the cert's details, like the
signer, etc.

The problem is most likely that the cert is signed by a CA
you don't "trust" or have on your As/400.

Brad