The suggestion to go to a true GUI is the right one of course.  If his
budget could stand it I would go that route.   However if  he sees one GUI
he'll want more and that just isn't affordable for him.

The second session would be a slave to the first, and would close when the
the first session does, or when he closed it.

It is my hope though to use the possibilities of the green screen to their
fullest while avoiding the Rube Goldberg style of programming.  There is
quite a lot to be said for the green screen; some of it even nice.

For instance I just added a new page to my web site:

http://www.martinvt.com/Code_Samples/SFL_Sort/sfl_sort.html

showing sortable subfile columns.  The feature is that by clicking any
column heading the subfile is sorted by that column.  Clicking the same
heading again sorts the subfile in the reverse direction.   Its certainly
not as easy to do as a GUI subfile but the demo program only has 252 lines
and sorts any of the subfile's five columns.  I hope it isn't Rube Goldberg
s style.  :)

Booth Martin
http://www.martinvt.com