Buck,
Thanks for your help. That was it!  I had it turned upside down:
713037/BUCK/QPADEV0001/A.
Thanks for re-iterating what you must have said a zillion times: this time in a
specific term that all of a sudden clicked.

You presumed correctly - no committment control - anywhere.

My last contract (before going back to perm) is where we did service programs.
There were several of us contractors and we all HAD to write/use them. It was
SO cool to learn this stuff, but we never had to worry about OPM....that I know
of. .. Big THANKS to Bob E and Chris T at 1stam.
And once again...thank you so much Buck.
My boss will be thrilled to know I've quit dragging my heels.
Fran Denoncourt (obviously not related to THE Don D)