Rob,

I think profile switching should only be done in batch jobs at night time, not
in interactive jobs. And I also think, that profile swapping is (still) a great
security hole.

I do not want to know what could and will happen (or even to find that out), if
users get access to a command line after a profile switch.

It is easy to write a simple command using profile switching; half the code is
in the manuals. If you have *USE rights to a user profile with higher
authority, you can swap to that profile without knowing her password. I
experienced once with this: being a user of class *SECOFR I granted myself the
*USE right to the QSECOFR profile. Then swap to the QSECOFR profile (without
entering a password)  and I was the QSECOFR, viewing the DLO folders, as my
user profile was not registered in the DIR.

Perhaps I should put the code on the list.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler