Vern:

I may have overlooked the obvious here.   ODBC is a part of the equation
and they should be able to insert directly into the database file.   Our
overall security model is NO direct access to files, only access to
programs.  This may be an exception to the rule.  Thanks Vern!!

- Dave

                message: 7
                date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:42:28 -0500
                from: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                subject: Re: Sending SQL/Record Sets/Cursors To The
iSeries

                Dave, I've not used C#, but can ODBC or OLE/DB be a part
of the equation?
                There are providers in iSeries Access for both of those,
as well as a .NET
                provider for iSeries database that should allow writing
to the iSeries.
                Multiple INSERT statements should get buffered, so that
it turns into only
                a few calls over the network.

                Somebody help me here!

                                Vern