Good Morning:

Currently, we have programs written on our iSeries that are executed via
SQL procedures(

 CREATE PROCEDURE XXLIB.X220(
   IN SSR DECIMAL(3, 0),
   IN DISTRIBUTOR DECIMAL(7, 0),
   IN STATE CHAR(1),
   IN EXPDATE DATE,
   OUT MSGID CHAR(7) ,
   OUT MSG CHAR(150) )
   LANGUAGE RPGLE
   SPECIFIC XXLIB.X220
   NOT DETERMINISTIC
   READS SQL DATA
   CALLED ON NULL INPUT
   EXTERNAL NAME 'XXLIB/XX220'
   PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL
)  from web applications written in C#.

The SQLRPGLE programs pass back parameters and sometimes record set(s)
(cursors):

C     *ENTRY        PLIST
C                   PARM                    pSSR
C                   PARM                    pDIST
C                   PARM                    pSTATE
C                   PARM                    pExpDate
C                   PARM                    pMSGID
C                   PARM                    pMSG

C/EXEC SQL SET RESULT SETS CURSOR C2
C/END-EXEC

We now want a solution that we can pass a record set (cursor) to the
iSeries via C# and SQL so that I can update/write this data to my
DB2/UDB file.  We currently pass single records via parameters and
update our database but repeated calls for say a thousand records would
simply not be efficient.

I would prefer a SQL solution to keep it consistent with what we are
doing going the other way.   I am hoping it's as easy as receiving the
record set as a parameter and doing an insert into my PF.  Hey...a guy
can hope can't he?

I am open to other solutions but am leaning towards a SQL solution at
this time.

We are at version V5R2.

All responses are welcome and appreciated.   Thanks.

David J. Smith
IT Contractor
dsmith@xxxxxxxxx
517.546.5400 Ext: 1513