Charles

I have seen similar behaviour before with a command I wrote that had a VCP; another fellow using my command in a program could not get his program to compile until he added the library with the VCP into his library list. My reasoning at the time was that the compiler was ensuring that the command was valid and part of the validity checking process was to process the parameters through the VCP.

I will be interested to see the real explanation of what is happening should one be forthcoming.

Regards
Evan Harris

All,

Having a problem in Aldon ACMS doing a "scan release" function to load the
Aldon cross-reference DB.

Aldon is working on it, but looking at the job logs it seems the problem is
tied to some CL programs running some GENTRAN EDI commands.

Specifically, when we look at the logs and call stacks, it seems that
Gentran programs are actually being run during the CRTCLPGM process.  The
programs being run seem to be validity checking programs tied to the Gentran
commands being used in our CL program.

On first glance, it doesn't make sense to see Gentran programs in the call stack of a job running CRTCLPGM.

But, when you consider they are VCP programs, then perhaps it makes sense.

Can anyone elaborate or point me to some documentation of what is going on.

Thanks, Charles Wilt