That might work.  But it has too many drawbacks.  The biggest being that
if the QMSF jobs are down then the user(s) sit until the timeout.
I am thinking of using a UUID.  That should be unique enough.  Then maybe
I'll combine that with an api to check for existence.  If it exists call
the UUID again.
I need to do something like this because of the problem when QMSF is down
and the fact that the three digit roll over isn't large enough.

However based on journal analysis I don't think that this is the issue.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Steve Richter" <srichter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/09/2004 11:37 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: SNDEMAIL - volumne testing

accepting that this is not an IBM bug, the error proof way to handle this
is
to poll for the existance of the file passed to the QtmmSendMail api until
the file does not exist.  The mail server framework job probably deletes
that file after the actual send of the email message.  This would also
catch
the situation where QMSF does not send the message because of whatever
problem and never deletes the mime message file.  So there would be a
timeout on the "poll for file existance" loop.

-Steve Richter