Yea, I wondered about that one myself.

According to the Network guy, we've got a particular switch that cost us 18K
8 years ago that handles it seamlessly.

The interfaces are:
Token xxx.xxx.114.32
Fiber xxx.xxx.114.91
Ether xxx.xxx.114.232
Ether xxx.xxx.114.233

netmask is 255.255.255.0 for all of them.

>   Sure you can have multiple virtuals no problem there but the key to
> redundancy is to use just one virtual that's 'attached' to multiple
> physicals in the same subnet. And don't forget the schowler
> routes for
> load balancing!
>
>   - Larry

Ah yes, the schowler routes.  Thanks for reminding me.  I've got that
document here too.

Question: if I include the TR.  Is there anyway to make sure the virtual IPs
don't associate to it unless everything else is down?  I seem to recall
seeing something about the virtual IPs associating to whatever interface
comes up first.  I really don't want 100Mb ethernet traffic being routed
over 16Mb TR unless absolutely necessary ;-)

Charles