Hi Jim

Your RUNSQLSTM example will not have a problem, because no single line is longer than 80 characters. Newlines are considered white space, just as in all the other contexts for specifying SQL statements.

Isn't that the pits, the restriction on SELECT in RUNSQLSTM?

Good point about the prepare, I'd forgot about that. We've done the same kind of thing in C. But I think that does not work if you use host variables. And is necessary if you need to put in variable data in places that do not allow host variables. Oy!

I assume that building the string could be done in a /free block, so you'd have the entire width (100 characters) in which to put the various clauses. I still recommend pretty-print SQL. <g>

Later
Vern