Joel,

If what you are describing is accurate, that sounds like a bug or perhaps a
permissions/authority problem. Have you been using the same user profile
throughout this whole process?

I assume your talking about (in Ops Nav) expanding File Systems/Integrated
File System/Root, as opposed to File Shares.

By your explanation, all you did was create a directory under the root and
the rest disappeared from Ops Nav. When you created it without the slash, it
would have been created under whatever was your current directory at the
time. Any idea what that was? Did you find and successfully delete the
directory you created by mistake? Either way, that should not effect yor
ability to see other directories under the root.

Have you installed the latest Client Access service from
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/casp.htm

If that doesn't help, I would report it IBM.

-Marty

------------------------------

date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 05:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
from: Joel Schibbelhute <joel_schibbelhute@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: iSeries Navigator question

When creating a directory on a client's iSeries I made the mistake of keying
the command like: CRTDIR DIR('mydir') instead of CRTDIR DIR('/mydir'), ( no
preceding slash mark). I corrected this and created my directory under the
root like I intended, but now when I expand the root directory I can't see
any directories created before I did this. I can see ones created after the
mistake, but not ones created before.

I can still see the directories in Windows Explorer where I had mapped
network drives and I can see them using WRKLNK, but I would like for
Navigator to display them again. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joel