Chris

This doesn't look to promising, but it's from the Software KB:

Document Number: 16205717
Functional Area: DB2 UDB for OS/400
Subfunctional Area: Query/400
Sub-Subfunctional Area: General
OS/400 Release: V4R1M0; V4R2M0; V4R3M0; V4R4M0; V4R5M0; V5R1M0; V5R2M0
Product: Operating System/400 - OS/400 DATABASE (5769SS1DB)
OS/400 DATABASE (5722SS1DB)
Product Release: N/A

Document Title
Query Column Headings are Lost after an Upgrade

Document Description
Problem Description:

We have queries written against files in QTEMP, and in the queries we have specified column headings for fields and specific spacing. The problem is that after we upgraded, these attributes were lost. Also, if we restore the query definition and attempt to print it, then there are messages in the printout stating that the file is not found, which is expected, and another stating that the column headings are missing because the query is incomplete. However, if the query is saved, deleted, and restored back to the same release that it was created on, then neither of the above problems occur.

Resolution:

This is expected. When you see the error, Field definition not available, that means query could not find it in the Query Definition Template (QDT). This frequently happens when the file does not exist and the query is moved to a newer release. Query behaves differently when the release is the same. The files need to exist before the queries are restored.

HTH
Vern