I have a question or two I was hoping someone could help me with that have
to do with performance.

I have 10 batch jobs that are running simultaneously. Each reads a Data
Queue and feeds spooled files into our archiving system based on entries
coming into their Data Queue (One Data Queue per job). When there are no
entries to process (not often) then the job sits at a Receive Data Queue
status until an entry appears.

These 10 jobs should have the lowest priority of all interactive jobs as
well as any other batch jobs running

The jobs pretty much keep up with the entries coming into the Data Queues.

These 10 jobs are running in Batch in their own subsystem (one subsystem for
all 10 jobs)

The 10 batch jobs are submitted with priority 51 and a time slice of 1000

Our regular batch jobs are submitted with priority 50 and time slice of 5000

Everything seems to run fine when there are not many other batch jobs and
interactive jobs running on the system (CPU Utilization 30% or so).

But as other batch jobs are submitted these 10 jobs each take up 5-15 % of
CPU causing the CPU Utilization to go up to 90% + and all the other batch
jobs start backing up in the JOBQ's.

What I want is for the 10 batch jobs running in their own subsystem to take
the lowest priority when there is high CPU utilization caused from users
running interactive jobs and submitting their own jobs to batch.

Right now I have to end the 10 jobs until everything gets caught up then
resubmit the 10 batch jobs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John