Luis,

We currently use the NETIQ products.  At this time I've seen no decrease in
their efforts on the iSeries based products.  If you have any specific
questions that you would like to ask regarding their products let me know.
I'm very happy with what we have and what we can do so far with their
product.  My general observation is that they won't be the cheapest vendor
out there but that is mostly because their product offers a number of
solutions.  So, if someone was looking for a low cost exit point solution
they might not be the best alternative.  But if one is looking for that
along with a secure menu system, password synch., interactive session
monitoring, secure file editor, etc. etc. then they can be considered a
great solution.

Not that I have a problem with my NETIQ products but you could also look at
the stuff from TANGO/04 -

http://www.tango04.com/solutions/systemsecurity/index.php

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us
from the support of a cause we believe to be just"  Abraham Lincoln

             Luis Rodriguez
             <luisrodriguez@fa
             stmail.fm>                                                 To
                                       midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             06/01/2004 10:33                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Security Solutions?
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Hi all,

We have a customer who asked us for info about some Security Solutions
management, audit, exit points control, etc) for the iSeries. We had
thought about NetIQ, but someone told us that, lately, they seemed to be
not very interested in the iSeries' market. Have any of you heard about
this? If that were the case, have had any of you experience with Bytware?

Thanks a lot,

Luis Rodríguez.