Good morning,

Every time I look for references about HTTP in the archives or the
Infocenter it seems to be in the context of using the iSeries as a HTTP
server but what I would like to know is if such a connection can be made
*from* the iSeries to another system.  If it can't be done with a native
command how about via QShell or something else?

Ultimately what I want to do is transmit a file using a digital
certificate.  Since this is a routine transmission I would like to automate
it either with a CL program or with a file containing the commands that can
be used as redirected input to another command.  I've done something
similar with FTP (without the digital certificate) in the past but so far I
haven't seen anything about how this might be possible with HTTP.  The
recipient wants this to be sent via their web site.

The entity that we will be sending to has provided an example of how to do
this manually from Windows as well as providing the sample Unix script
below.  Thanks for any ideas or advice.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#!/bin/ksh
SSL_PKEY_FILE="/{path_to_your_certs}/{user_id.perm}";export SSL_PKEY_FILE
SSL_X509_FILE="/{path_to_your_certs}/{user_id.perm}";export SSL_X509_FILE
echo Beginning SSL Digital Cert Auth Login
## The following syntax will depend on the client location being used.
/bin/fdx https://www.abc/com

[SSLv3 Cipher DES-CBC3-SHA]

Virtual user user_id logged in.

fdx>
### Refer to the client's documentation for further available commands