Hi Mike

I'm going to assume that you are releasing the spool file then re-displaying the outqueue to see what has happened to it and seeing it still with a held status. Most likely the spool file was just set straight back to held by whatever processes it to handle some kind of processing error.

Check: the job log of the writer job (if there is one attached to the queue)
the job log of the job that processes the entries on the queue (if you know it)
the gumbo job log or whatever log(s) that product uses
the QSYSOPR message queue
the history log

If you have no idea where to look but know the name of the dataqueue associated with the outqueue try WRKOBJLCK against the data queue and see if you can see a job name. The job log of this job may give you a clue as to what is happening.

The gumbo manual, their web site or their support team may be able to provide more specific help.

Regards
Evan Harris

This particular Spool file is in an outq that is also a DTAQ and a USRSPC. It is used by the Gumbo product to email reports, expect that for some reason, the spool file won't Unhold itself. It is baffling. Perhaps someone in this group can explain.

Thanks,

Mike