Hello, Kumaravel

As someone who has been around the iSeries for 15 years, make the F1 key your very good friend. The answer to your question is one keypress away. I have to say that it sounds as if you have not looked at the help text enough.

What might not be known by several of us is, you can get context-sensitive help in many of the DSPxxx screens. So, on the "Display device description" screen, put your cursor on the "Output queue" line and press F1. You'll get more information on the *DEV value.

This is very neat, to get help text here. It doesn't happen everywhere but is worth a try. DSPOBJD is another one where you can do this. One clue - if the heading is "Display spooled file", the help will be for displaying spooled files, not for the contents. DSPFD is an example of this.

Another place to get help is in the variosu CHGxxx commands, on the individual parameters.

And all this stuff is well-documented in the manuals and at InfoCenter. Can you get to InfoCenter? Address is <www.iseries.ibm.com/infocenter>. Take the time to dig around. Look for the "Printing" topic in the menu on the left. You'll find everything about printing there. There's a Redbook called Printing V - study it. There's a link called "Manage" - a link on its page is described as "Learn how to track and work with spooled files and print jobs on your iSeries system."

I wager that you can get your answers more reliably quickly by going to these sources than by asking here. Esp. on these very basic topics. There's an article flying around the Internet called (sort of) "How to Ask a Good Question". One of the suggestions is to say where you have looked already - to show that you've done some homework. I believe you have done that, because you showed us the trail you followed. The tool you missed was the F1 key for help text.

HTH

Vern