From: Jim Damato [mailto:jdamato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 11:59 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: CUoD

We used it to "buy" four more processors for our 840.  Once the p.o. was
accepted we were able to point and click through a twisty little maze of web
pages and, enter a number and get our activation key for the processors.

Then we waited a couple weeks for the accompanying memory, and scheduled
downtime.  It made me think, "when have I ever needed to upgrade processors
without some other major hardware change?"  In our environment adding
processors by themselves is a great way to make the machine thrash through
memory.

-Jim

James P. Damato
Manager - Technical Administration