Hello,

> HI I would like to calculate in CL, to take the current date, and to add
> 45 days to this, and pass this UDate+45 to an RPG program in the next CL
> statement. (there are additional static parameters as well.)

There was a recent thread on this topic in this mailing list.  Check the
archives... searching for CEEDATE may help.

Also, here's a quick sample program written in ILE CL that adds 45 days to
the current system date (which is different from "UDATE" -- UDATE is the
job date, and it's very rare that the job date is used by design instead
of by accident)

/* This requires ILE CL.  Source type should be CLLE (not CLP!) +
   compile me with CRTBNDCL.                                    */
PGM

    DCL VAR(&LILIAN) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)
    DCL VAR(&JUNK1)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
    DCL VAR(&JUNK2)  TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(23)
    DCL VAR(&YMD8)   TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
    DCL VAR(&SYSFMT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

    /* Get Current Date in Lilian format, add 45 days to it,  +
       then convert the result to YYYYMMDD format            */

    CALLPRC PRC(CEELOCT) PARM(&LILIAN &JUNK1 &JUNK2 *OMIT)
    CHGVAR VAR(%BIN(&LILIAN)) VALUE(%BIN(&LILIAN) + 45)
    CALLPRC PRC(CEEDATE) PARM(&LILIAN 'YYYYMMDD' &YMD8 *OMIT)

    /* Convert the YYYYMMDD date to this system's default +
       format and display it to the user */

    CVTDAT DATE(&YMD8) TOVAR(&SYSFMT) FROMFMT(*YYMD) +
                  TOFMT(*SYSVAL) TOSEP(*SYSVAL)
    SNDUSRMSG  MSG('In 45 days the date will be' *BCAT +
                          &SYSFMT) MSGTYPE(*INFO)

ENDPGM