On Tue, 11 May 2004 16:03:10 -0400, "Buck Calabro"
<buck.calabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>That is indeed a different story.  If you're looking to find out which
>program is called from the most places, a cross ref will tell you.  If
>you're looking for the program that is in the most job streams, an
>xref will tell you.  No, it won't be dynamic and it won't tell you if
>a 'subprogram' is called once for each record read in a 'main'
>program, but I don't understand what 'a ranking of most used programs'
>means and I thought I'd throw out a suggestion that might kick the
>discussion in a new direction.
>  --buck

What we were interested in was quantifying what are our most used programs
particularly the interactive programs.  We have a good idea of what the most
used programs probably are but we wanted numbers.

No particular benefit other than satisfying some curiosity.

Gord

--
Gord Hutchinson
Database Administrator, IT