"Server consolidation"...is this what IBM's telling their advertising
agencies?  This is an abstraction, it's geek gibberish to most senior execs.

How about customer testimonials?  Customers will LINE UP for this one.

How the suits saying to the group, "Phil said you did a good job bring the
new division on-line ahead of schedule and under budget?  How did you do
it?"  Group looks at each other and says, "We installed our IBM i5 server."

How about a couple of execs, upon walking into a cavernous machine room with
a single black box in the corner, ask the IT gal (EOE, of course) where all
the computers went.  IT Gal says, "Everything we need, and more, is in our
new i5 server from IBM right over there."  She points to the corner, the
suits look at each other, smile broadly at each other, high-five (the suits
really have to be serious-looking suit types for the humor to kick in), and
walk out.  Cue music with the URL graphic.

Better yet: the machine room is dark and the suits have to track somebody
down.  Then...

Unfortunately, IBM's current TV advertising buy drops product in at the very
last minute.  I guess it's an attempt to hone the viewer's interest in
knowing what the product is.  Unfortunately, the quirkiness of the situation
(guys in the coffee shop talking about wireless, etc.) steals the message.

Regards,
Reeve Fritchman
Ayers Rock Software LLC
4915 S. West Shore Boulevard