There is a time zone supplied with the system for those counties of Indiana
where Eastern Standard Time is used throughout the year.  There is also a
time zone description that would apply to some counties of Indiana that
observe Eastern Standard Time and Eastern Daylight Time; and yet another
time zone description for those counties of Indiana that observe Central
Standard Time and Central Daylight Time.

             rick.baird@steakn
             shake.com
             midrange-l-bounce         Midrange Systems Technical
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             05/05/2004 03:27
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       RE: where is v5r3 memo to users
                                       manual? (time zones)
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion

Tom,

Does it have an "INDIANA" time zone option?   windonts does.

Inquiring minds want to.

Rick

------Tom sez:---------------
Also, because of the significant changes to [time] support, review all
sections in the Memo regarding time and carefully consider the section that
says:

"If you want to define the time zone for a server before you install V5R3,
you should create a data area named QWCTIMZON in the QSYS library."

I definitely recommend (1) creating this *dtaara before you forget it, soon
after reading its description in the Memo and (2) _verifying_ your
time-related system values and your time-zone settings immediately after
the upgrade -- one or two details aren't exactly clear until you see the
result according to the new Work with Time Zone Desc (WRKTIMZON) command,
especially as it relates to daylight-savings time. Neverthe less, pretty
cool stuff.