Phil,

Depends on the model, how it is configured, and how the device is configured
on the AS/400.

My guess is the you will need to program the keys for the emulation program
(usually VT100/VT220)
Which is basically a hyperterm emulation - which means the roll up and down
are really
esc D and esc U  (up and down as per the first letter)  And you would have
to "map" those
keys on your hand held scanner to those functions.

Beyond that, either someone on the list has done it before, or you will have
to knock on the door
of the people that sold you the solution. (If they are a good company, they
have tech weenies
that know what/how to change configs of what they sell) - we ran into that
here with a wireless
scanner/display and a wireless zebra printer - the vendor was terrific in
helping us config these
devices - all included in the initial cost.

If that is not an option (as it may not be, since it sounds like you have
had the devices for some time)
you may be forced to symbol's web site for configs (usually require a
special docking device hooked up
via serial or usb port for programming - price range of $100-$400, again,
depending on model and such)