He needs to see a description of small box running OS/400
and what it does.(9406-250)

Then give a description of a HUGE box running similar apps
all using the exact same OS as the "little box". (9406-890)

Show the scale from the bottom to the top.

This is what seperates OS/400 from all others.

After the "scaling", get descriptions of huge networks of
boxes all using different applications but sharing of data
between anybody in the network. The insurance guys are an
excellent example of that.(1200-1500 boxes in one network)

The multi-OS on a single machine is also worth discussion.

Chuck Lewis wrote:
Hi Folks,

Unreal; my son is in the IT program at IUPUI (Indiana University/Purdue
University/Indianapolis) and they have a paper to write on any operating
system and why they think it is the best and guess what ? OS/400 is actually
one of the choices !

So he is NOT looking for any of us/you to write this paper for him and I
have given him a copy of Dr. Frank's book. He is just needing some real
world examples, etc. to better understand all of this and present it to "the
unenlightened masses". He knows from a long time back that the
AS/400/iSeries and OS/400 have meant "dad could be home" when my other
cohorts were in at all hours working on failed servers, messed up OS's, etc.
:-)

Willing to help ? It will no doubt REALLY open some eyes.

Thanks,

Chuck