Everyone,

Well, as promised I just tried the UC at V5R2 through a non-Cisco (actually used a Sonicwall) router/firewall with NAT.

1) Just out of paranoia I set the access rules to allow the three UDP ports only from and to the IBM address and the iSeries.
2) I didn't delete any of the old dial-up connections and just ran the wizard three times (1-ECS, 2- ESA, 3-Info Center Update).
3) The wizard created one new connection, QTOCL2TP, and.......it tested OK!!!! The confirmation window of the wizard, at the bottom had a line that said "Virtual Private Networking: IPsec through NAT has been enabled." Also, on the connection tab of the connection it gives the IBM IP address. Unless the wizard needs the three ports enabled in the router/firewall this is another place to find that address.
4) I tried SNDPTFORD SF98520 and advancing ESA's transmission without any errors, or phone lines lighting up.

Now the only thing to confirm is if the dial-up connections will be used as a backup should the internet be down. I am not going to check this out with a production system, which is all I have access to now.

Roger