OK. Sorry. For another reason, I regularly build a logical over the last two QHST files and read it with an EOFDLY. You could do something similar and send the data out as syslog packets without too much hassle. Here is the DDS for the logical.

R SYSLOGR PFILE(QHST04115A QHST04116A)

SYSLOGFLD 144 K *NONE

Thanx, PLA

Walden H. Leverich wrote:

Thakns for the offer, but that's actually the exact opposite of what I'm
looking for, sorry.

I don't have my syslog server on the iSeries and don't want it there.
I'm looking for something that will send syslog entries from the iSeries
to another machine.

I may end up writing it myself, but I was hoping for an existing
solution.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO